Find the Best Dentist in Independence, MO
If you are looking for the best dentist in Independence to treat you and your family, we invite you to schedule an exam with our dental office by calling (816) 461-2916. At Wright Dentures and Implants, we offer high-quality patient care and would be delighted to assist you. If you prefer to do research in order to determine which dentist is right one for you, it is important to start by understanding what specific character traits or services you are looking for. As an example, not all dentists in the Independence area treat children. If you have any little ones, you may want to seek out the best family dentist that can provide comprehensive care for your entire family. On the other hand, if you need to replace damaged teeth with permanent, natural looking ones, you may be interested in locating the best cosmetic dentist in Independence. Given the number of dentists in MO this may seem like a daunting task, however, it is easier than you may think. Here's how -
We recommend conducting a search for the best dentist in Independence. If you are interested in a particular service or need them to treat a specific age group, add those keywords to your search; keywords such as "best dentist in Independence for children." After the paid ads and local business listings, a variety of review sites will typically pop up. Yelp tends to be at the top along with Angie's List. By clicking through to those sites, you can read other patient reviews. Yelp uses a star rating system, so it is easy to identify whether or not a dentist office is beloved by patients or is in need of improvement. You can even look at the profile of the person writing the review to see how many reviews they have written. This can be helpful in determining the quality of reviews.
Another way to read reviews is to look on Google. When you conduct a search for the best dentist in Independence, the local listings will appear next to the map, directly underneath the paid ads. Under each listing is both a star and numerical rating based on reviews that patients have written on the dentist's Google profile. As a local dentist, we encourage patients to write them so that those who haven't visited our office can get a better feel for our office environment and the high-quality patient care that we provide. Other practices do the same, and this allows you to glance quickly at the dental offices listed to see who is truly the best in the area based on patient experiences.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Best Dentist in Independence
Understandably, one of the easiest ways to find the best dentist in Independence is to hear what other patients have to say then schedule an appointment to see for yourself. But how do you determine which dentist to call in the first place? Social media is an excellent place to start. If you have friends in the area that share a similar perspective or lifestyle with you, it stands to reason that they will also have similar needs when selecting a dentist. For example, if you are retired and concerned about aging teeth, your friends may be in a similar situation. Check out their Facebook profile to see if they are a fan of any local dental practices. You can then click to visit the profile page for that dentist and read information about their practice as a whole. Often, you will see reviews posted on social media profiles so this is a helpful resource for reading what local patients have to say.
If you are looking for the best cosmetic dentist in Independence, best family dentist in Independence or even the best provider of dentures, you can also receive helpful information by asking a question on Facebook or Google and seeing what referrals you get. This provides you with a quick and easy way to get recommendations so that you can then proceed to read reviews about the dental office.
Still, one of the easiest ways to find the best dentist in Independence is to ask friends who they take their family to visit. In our dental office, we are proud to treat generations of families, working with grandparents, parents and children. This enables us to know more about our patient's oral health, anticipate challenges, and implement solutions before our patients experience discomfort. If you find a dentist that can treat the entire family, like ours, it can make having teeth cleaned and various procedures far more convenient. If you believe that you are in need of a specialist, a general dentist can refer you to one.You can also ask around to see if any of your friends visit the best dentist in Independence for treating gum disease, placing dental implants, or restoring damaged teeth. Very often, you will find that your friends are happy to brag about a positive experience that they had when getting their teeth cleaned, having dental veneers placed, or even getting a cavity treated. When you receive a referral from a friend, look up the dentist's website to get more information and to make sure that they offer the services your family needs.
Another way to find the best dentist in Independence is to conduct research. Similar to when you were looking for reviews, conduct a search for the "best dentist in Independence" for the service that you are looking for. Next, visit the website for the dental offices that come up and read through the information on their site along with the services that they offer. This will give you a good idea of whether the dental office you are looking at is the best cosmetic dentist in Independence, the best emergency dentist in Independence or none of the above. Compare the information they present with the information provided on the websites of other dental practices until you find one that you feel will best fit the needs of your family.
We invite you to visit our dental office, discuss your oral health concerns and learn how we can provide solutions for all of your family's dental needs.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Will reading reviews help me find a great dentist?
Q. Can social media help to find the best dentist?
Q. What do I need to know when searching for a dentist?
People Also Ask
Q. Is flossing really important for my teeth?
Q. What will happen at my dental checkup?
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Find the Best Dentist in Independence